Cascada 10 Year Warranty
Cascada Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty – Effective January 1, 2023
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY is given by LIGHT EQUINE, LLC (“Cascada”) whose address is 13620 Old Snohomish Monroe Rd, Snohomish, WA 98290, to you, the original retail purchaser of Cascada horse waterers.
WHAT THE WARRANTY COVERS
Cascada expressly warrants unit(s) to be free from defects in material and workmanship from the time product departs our warehouse, and will operate substantially in conformance with Cascada’s published specifications, when subjected to normal, proper and intended usage, for the periods listed hereafter:
Ten (10) year limited warranty on housing against manufacturing defects. 100% for the first 5 years, pro-rated thereafter for the remaining 5 years at 20% per year.
Three (3) year warranty on component parts such as heaters, valves, electronics and Wifi transmitter, covered at 100%.
Limitations of Warranties and Remedies
The potential for improper installation, modifications and misuse of the Cascada unit exists. Therefore, the limited warranty provided shall be as follows and shall only apply to the watering unit. Any bucket purchased with the unit is excluded from all warranties. The Cascada app is not included in this warranty.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
- Damage to, or defect in, the unit resulting from fires, floods, storms, lightning strikes, accidents, acts of God, or from alteration, misuse, improper care, negligence, accident, or abuse of the product by any person, animal, or foreign object whatsoever. This includes, but is not limited to, chewing, kicking, striking or other damage outside of normal use (as solely deemed by Cascada), hard water scale buildup on valves or nozzles, water supply contaminants or damage caused by mineral deposits, loss of power to unit causing freezing of valves.
- Improper installation of the unit, or damage or defects resulting, directly or indirectly, from any act or omission in the installation of the unit, regardless of whether the unit is installed by an individual approved by Cascada or installed by any other individual in compliance with specifications and requirements provided by or on behalf of Cascada. Improper installation includes, but is not limited to, water lines incorrectly plumbed, freezing of incoming lines, incorrect power supplied to unit, lack of GFI on circuit, power surges caused by fence charges on the same electrical circuit, transient electricity, etc.
- Damage to real property, personal property, or animals, livestock, or any other incidental or consequential damages arising out of any defect of materials or workmanship in the manufacturing of the unit or out of any act, omission, representation, or warranty of Cascada its agents, employees, or servants.
- Any unit whose exterior has been damaged or otherwise defaced, that has been repaired, altered, or modified by anyone, other than Light Equine, LLC.
- Units not purchased directly through Cascada.com or their designated representative.
- Problems arising from use with a non-supplied or manufactured recommended drinking vessel (Miller 5 gallon flat back bucket).
- Cosmetic blemishes & normal wear and tear.
- Change in color over time of the LED light.
- Warranty claims by any person or entity not the original retail purchaser of the unit.
- Any unit provided free of charge through a marketing promotion.
- Units sold outside of the USA.
- Use outside of the suggested temperature range of -20F – 120 F.
- Shipping and/or labor costs associated with any warranty claim.
- Damage caused by Buyer or by any third party in the course of loading, unloading, or installation of the unit, or other damage otherwise caused at any time by buyer or third party.
- Cascada reserves the right to discontinue or modify any of its products, including replacement products without notice to the consumer/buyer.
REMEDIES AND LIMITATIONS
The sole obligation of Light Equine, LLC shall be limited to repair or replacement, at its option, of the defective unit.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CASCADA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESSED WARRANTIES EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CASCADA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM A BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY, ANY OTHER EXPRESSED WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY. IF THE LAW DOES NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, CASCADA HEREBY LIMITS THE DURATION OF ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE DATE THE UNIT WERE DELIVERED TO YOU.
If notwithstanding the above provision, there should arise any liability on the part of Cascada for implied warranties of any nature or for express warranties other than as set forth herein or for any act or omission of Cascada or its agents or employees, such liability shall be limited to an amount equal to Two Hundred Fifty and no/100 Dollars ($250.00).
Such liability is fixed as total damages and not as a penalty and this liability shall be complete and exclusive. The provisions of this paragraph shall apply to all loss or damage of whatever nature arising from any act, omission, representation, warranty, agreement of Cascada, its agents or employees, including, but not limited to, loss to personal property and/or livestock or cattle. You agree to this damages clause if, notwithstanding the provisions hereinabove, there should arise any liability on Cascada other than expressly set forth in this Limited Warranty.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
HOW TO OBTAIN SERVICE
If a problem with the unit develops during the Warranty Period, call Cascada at (800) 959-8045 or email email@example.com. Inform the Cascada representative that you have purchased the unit and are protected under this Warranty. Leave your name, address, telephone number, and a description of the nature of the defect with the representative. In addition, you must send an email stating the information requested above, together with proof of purchase and proof acceptable to Cascada, of the actual defect and extent of the defect (e.g., pictures), to the email address referenced above. Upon determination that the defect is covered under the above warranty, you will be issued a RGA and will be required to return the unit to Light Equine, LLC at the address listed above. Units shipped without an RGA may not be eligible for warranty – at the sole discretion of Light Equine, LLC.
Should the warranty claim be approved -- pack the product carefully in an oversized carton with crushed newspaper for cushioning if original packaging was not retained. The customer is responsible for covering the shipping cost of the unit(s) to the manufacturer. The unit(s) should be shipped, prepaid, and insured against shipping loss or damage. The unit shall be inspected at the Cascada manufacturing facility to determine if the product is defective. Should the unit be repaired or replaced under the terms of this warranty, return shipping shall be provided by Light Equine, LLC.
If the defect or deficiency is deemed to not be covered by this warranty, customer will have the option of paying Light Equine, LLC for the repair of the unit. All costs for this including parts and labor of non-warranty service will be borne by customer and pre-paid before any service will be undertaken. Return shipping in this case is also borne by the customer and they shall provide a pre-paid shipping label for return.
Cascada, upon its sole reasonable determination that a defect in material or workmanship does exist, will deliver the repaired or replacement unit within thirty (30) days of receipt of the unit unless prohibited from doing so by an act of God, strike, boycott, unavailability of parts and materials, or any other activity beyond its control, in which case, Cascada will diligently pursue its obligations hereunder. Cascada reserves the right, should it independently select to do so, to refund a prorated Replacement Price as fulfillment of this Warranty.
SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS:
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
THIS IS THE ONLY WARRANTY GIVEN BY LIGHT EQUINE, LLC. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES, WARRANTIES, UNDERSTANDINGS OR REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY CASCADA THAT ARE NOT SET FORTH IN THIS DOCUMENT.